M. R. Perezcarro
Filmmaker | Screenwriter | Editor | Composer | Web Designer
Featured demo reels
Editor | Colorist | VFX
Web designing Porfolio
Hand built bass cabinets.
Actor, host, producer and writer, Lawrence Chau.
Interior designer, Rosa Sanchez.
Photographer, Blanca Perezcarro.
Actor, Justin Lee Wilson.
Artist, Fatima Matar.
Marcos R. Perezcarro
Eight years of experience as a filmmaker, specialized in video editing and screenwriting; six short films (three awards), two documentaries, five music videos, six commercials, seven educational/instructional videos, 30+ interviews, 400+ demo reels, 15+ original soundtracks and three websites.
FILM - DIRECTOR, DIRECTOR OF PHOTOGRAPHY, EDITOR, SCREENWRITER, AND COMPOSER
2011 Festival of Horror Short Films, Region of Murcia, Spain.
o 2nd Prize – Best Short Film: ”La Última Noche“ (“The Last Night”)
2010 Festival CreaJoven, Region of Murcia, Spain.
o 2nd Prize – Best Short Film: “Bumerán” (“Boomerang”)
2009 Festival of Horror Short Films, Region of Murcia, Spain.
o 3rd Prize – Best Short Film: ”Secta“ (“Sect”)
CHIEF VIDEO EDITOR (FREELANCE), LA REELS - HOLLYWOOD, CA
May 2014 – present
Responsible for managing end-to-end production process for all raw, inbound material commissioned by diverse clientele into high quality, polished product suitable for commercial broadcasting.
• Prepare film projects to be ready for assembly by importing footage, synchronizing audio sources with corresponding video files, labeling clips and trimming takes to erase unnecessary content.
• Assemble and cut footage using Adobe Premiere CC and select the best performances, camera angles, composition and proper pace according to the genre in order to design a rough cut of the film.
• Direct communication with director, producer and client throughout the post-production process, delivering client satisfaction through the creation of the product.
• Edition of 400+ demo reels, one short film, two music videos and one promotional video; 5000+ editing hours; average of three hour turnaround per two min video.
VIDEO EDITOR, CALIFORNIA/INTERNATIONAL ARTS FOUNDATION - HOLLYWOOD, CA
June 2012 – April 2014
In charge of capturing, logging and editing footage from interviews, conducted by director and producer Lyn Kienholz, of some of the most well-renowned Californian artists into high quality, polished product suitable for web broadcasting.
• Capture footage from video tapes using Adobe Premiere CS6. Prepare interview projects to be ready for edition. Assemble and cut footage using Adobe Premiere CS6 to create a film rough cut.
• Polish rough cuts by color correcting picture and cleaning audio tracks to create solid final cuts. Direct communication with director and producer Lyn Kienholz throughout the post-production process, delivering the creation of engaging visual content.
• Edition of 20+ interviews; 150+ editing hours; average of eight hour turnaround per 10 min interview.
VIDEO EDITOR, RANDAL KLEISER PRODUCTIONS - HOLLYWOOD, CA
April 2012 – April 2013
Responsible for video editing promotional videos, interviews and documentaries produced and directed by director Randal Kleiser.
• Prepare film projects to be ready for assembly. Assemble and cut footage using Final Cut Pro and Adobe Premiere into a rough cut. Direct communication with director and producer Randal Kleiser throughout the post-production process, delivering thrilling visual content.
• 500+ editing hours.
FOUNDER CEO, KROMA MEDIA - MURCIA, SPAIN
February 2008 – September 2011
Successfully ran independent film studio, serving as a Director, Producer, Screenwriter, Editor, Director of Photography and Music Composer to produce short films, music videos, documentaries, interviews and educational/instructional videos for business marketing clients. Managed a production staff of five to orchestrate the outlining, storyboarding, etc. of five short films, one documentary, one music video, 10 interviews and seven educational/instructional videos produced with average turnaround between one to two weeks for each final cut.
DIRECTOR AND VIDEO EDITOR, PUBLIBLANC S.L. - MURCIA, SPAIN
January 2007 – February 2008
Responsible for supervising shootings while managing a film crew of three. Video editing commercials into solid products for broadcasting; one documentary and six commercials.
UNIVERSITY OF MURCIA, SPAIN/UNIVERSIDAD DE MURCIA, ESPAÑA
Bachelor of Arts – Audiovisual Communication / Licenciado en Comunicación Audiovisual.
Fluent in Spanish and English
MAC OS, Windows
Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Final Draft
Premiere, After Effects, Final Cut Pro, Photoshop, Media Encoder
Cubase, Reason, Adobe Audition
Feel free to contact me with any question you have. Thank you!
© 2017 Designed by Marcos R. Perezcarro